Hi There! - Welcome to proto.board Discussion Boards

Since your a guest, why not register on our discussion board. It's great fun and remember...say Hello to your Favourite Technician :-)

Author Topic: DRVSTORE  (Read 35267 times)

valor

DRVSTORE
« on: April 01, 2007, 11:05:43 PM »
I have this file DRVSTORE  in system32 it is highlighted blue..What is it? and what are the files in it for? can it be Deleted.

Relativity

DRVSTORE
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 02:55:38 PM »
Is blue cause that folder hasn't been accessed for quite some time.  So the computer compress it, to save you memory.

Is called DRVSTORE (Driver Store) for wireless apples bluetooth.  If that folder has any file with extension of .inf (Information), I wouldn’t delete it, heck I wouldn’t delete it even if the folder was empty, is harmless and doesn’t holds that much on your memory, not even 1kb.

Offline rick

• Administrator
  • SMF protonic.com Addict
  • proto.Karma: +101/-1
DRVSTORE
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 03:10:48 PM »
Actually NTFS compression is quite nice. Indeed a compressed file MUST be stored in sequential sectors on a drive. In theory this can cause faster access to these files even considering the overhead it takes to decompress.

As a drive fills non compressed files become fragmented. Since compressed files must be stored sequentially access time can be improved and a drive will fragment much more slowly.

Feeling that compression can improve performance, many power users who have many VERY LARGE files on their drives compress their entire drive.

BTW... DONOT delete that folder!!!

Rick
No matter where you go.... there you are!

valor

DRVSTORE
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 03:28:21 PM »
Thank you for your answers.